Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: redtop corsa??

DUKE

Default Re: redtop corsa??

does anyone realise how ugly it is though? how come they havent got body coloured bumpers or anything ??

drive-thru

Quote Originally Posted by DUKE View Post
    does anyone realise how ugly it is though? how come they havent got body coloured bumpers or anything ??
    GSi version has, there are loads of different spec like there are 106's. And corsas can be made to look really nice, just need to be done properly. There are plenty of corsas that look shit, but then there are also plenty of 106 on this site alone that look crap imo. All down to personal preferance. But i can tell you once you have drove a corsa with a c20xe you would not say it's shit, most of the people on here just jump on the band wagon and hate other cars that are not 106's because it's cool

DUKE

Quote Originally Posted by drive-thru View Post
    GSi version has, there are loads of different spec like there are 106's. And corsas can be made to look really nice, just need to be done properly. There are plenty of corsas that look shit, but then there are also plenty of 106 on this site alone that look crap imo. All down to personal preferance. But i can tell you once you have down a corsa with a c20xe you would not say it's shit, most of the people on here just jump on the band wagon and hate other cars that are not 106's because it's cool

nah im not saying i hate them lol, i know there are hundreds of cars better then the 106 - millions better then mine. i just wondered why they didnt have body coloured bumpers seems aparently they have massive engine under the bonnet. (now i know some did lol)

i would still choose any standard 106 over any corsa in my opinion

2000 Peugeot 106 Quiksilver 1.4
    View My Progress Blog

Last Online
    05-11-2012

GSi version has, there are loads of different spec like there are 106's. And corsas can be made to look really nice, just need to be done properly. There are plenty of corsas that look shit, but then there are also plenty of 106 on this site alone that look crap imo. All down to personal preferance. But i can tell you once you have drove a corsa with a c20xe you would not say it's shit, most of the people on here just jump on the band wagon and hate other cars that are not 106's because it's cool
    Well said

VIP Member
    1997 Peugeot 106 XS 1.6 16v
    View My Progress Blog

Last Online

GSi version has, there are loads of different spec like there are 106's. And corsas can be made to look really nice, just need to be done properly. There are plenty of corsas that look shit, but then there are also plenty of 106 on this site alone that look crap imo. All down to personal preferance.
    Agreed, and you can often (not always) tell which ones are redtops, they're normally the properly smart ones, lowered, and sometimes Cav GSi wheels. Simple, yet soooooo effective.
    Then you get the proper sleepers, always remember one from USC last year, Corsa C, completely standard except the huuuuuuge intercooler in the bumper. That shifted.

drive-thru

My corsa had gloss black cav GSI rims, was decked on coilovers. Looked amazing.

1997 Peugeot 106 GTi 1.6 16v

Last Online
    07-10-2014

my mates corsa red top

youd presume chavvy bullshit, till it pulls past your scooby!! lol

it so needs vectra wing mirrors

DUKE

ok point tacken - not all are ugly lol

drive-thru

C20let on PH. Looks sweet as. Shame the bloke selling it didn't insure it correctly which is why i can understand people get put of these sort of cars.

SidewayzSam

Ive beaten a cammed XE'd Corsa GSi and plenty of other XE'd Corsa's. There's loads about in Leicester.

One thing I love about them is when you approach high revs.. The noise it makes is awesooomeee!

I would only ever buy a really mint Corsa GSi, and stick a TB'd XE in it

2001 Peugeot 106 GTi 1.6 16v

Last Online
    1 Week Ago

that red corsa looks sweet

baz_pug_106gti

like i said i didnt want to start a big arguement

jamie_pug_gti

i HAVE HAD 2 RED TOPS

FIRST BEING A CORSA GSI
    SECOND A TIGRA RED TOP

MY GTI WILL KILL THEM

ALL OF MY MATES HAVE RED TOPS AND I MEAN THERES LIKE 5 OR 6 ROUND HERE NONE OF THEM CAN TOUCH ME AND ONE OF THEM IS CAMMED

I EVEN BEAT A EK9 IT HAD A 4-2-1 AND PIPE ON IT, HE WAS AS SHOCKED AS I WAS.

THE ONLY CAR I LOSE TO ROUND HERE IS MY MATES TYPE R

BEAT HIM TO 90- 100 THEN WHEN HE HITS 4TH GEAR HE WAVES AT ME.

RED TOPS ARE WELL OVER RATED AND THEY WILL NOT TOUCH A GTI STANDERD AS MY MATES FOUND OUT HA HA...I WILL HAVE TO GET A VIDEO OF ME DOIN THEM

Last Online

my old one

SEX imo

2002 Peugeot 106 GTi 1.6 16v

Last Online
    14-01-2013

right guys enough of the "my gti will rinse anything out on the open road" shite or i'll lock the thread cant be doing with all the bullshit and its not big bragging about racing out on the roads

Quote Originally Posted by wullieboy View Post
    believe me i wanted too but avo adjustables was all i could afford after the cost of the car and it was fully legal on the road with engineers reports and log book done etc , i still maintain if you hit boost in a corner with a 260bhp corsa your not staying on the road there really difficult to drive and if it rained at all i was actually scared

(hope im not in the people who aint got a clue bracket)
    fairplay wullie to build one properly you do have to put some serious wedge into it and yeah boost round a corner in most things nevermind a few hundred kilo fwd hatch isnt a good thing and no your one of the few that arent in that bracket

i still say a well set up XE nova/corsa can still handle really well as the majority of them round here do even my mates nova LEt track car but its only running 220 if that but weighs feck all

2000 Peugeot 106 1.1
    View My Progress Blog

Last Online
    4 Weeks Ago

drive-thru that corsa is absolutly amazing!!

drive-thru

I love all the ' I can kill this, i can kill that in my 106 gti' It's great.

What i don't understand is, Jamie pug gti apparently a c20xe corsa can not touch your GTi, but a civic type R can? There are plenty of people on here who say 106 GTi are quicker than type R's?

106rallye

As much as i love 106's, I'm sad to say that one of the fastest cars I've ever been in was a corsa , it made my s1 rallye look it it was going backwards! Granted it was a competition spec 2.1 xe, bodies, plate diff, 4pots etc. In a straight line it left everything, the only thing that challenged it was a db9. as for the twisties, it was amazing! had a few passenger rides up a hill climb fun day and although it didnt handle as well as a 106, the sheer grip and power made up for it and some. Had something like 250 brake, proven 0-60 in 4.9, top speed was wayyyy ofF the clock, i think it ran a 13sec 1/4. It was a quick car and the best thing about it was it looked standard with the only visible mode being white speedlines, it even had plastic bumpers

wullieboy

and no your one of the few that arent in that bracket

VIP Member
    View My Progress Blog

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by jamie_pug_gti View Post
    I EVEN BEAT A EK9 IT HAD A 4-2-1 AND PIPE ON IT, HE WAS AS SHOCKED AS I WAS.

THE ONLY CAR I LOSE TO ROUND HERE IS MY MATES TYPE R

BEAT HIM TO 90- 100 THEN WHEN HE HITS 4TH GEAR HE WAVES AT ME.
    Erm, EK9 according to this place:
    http://www.isitaboat.co.uk/cars/hond..._type_r__ek9_/

In the May 1998 issue of UK's Performance Car, a true JDM Honda Civic Type-R was tested in a special hot-hatches feature.......
    0-60mph : 5.7 seconds
    EP3 according to the owners club http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/spec.htm
    Acceleration (0-60mph) 6.4 secs

So from them figures, even if they aren't accurate, the EK9 is still a hell of a lot quicker than the EP3. So how did you manage to be quicker than an EK9, but not an EP3?

VIP Member
    View My Progress Blog

Last Online

Would have to take quite a bit of difference really, but possible I suppose.

106rallye

Quote Originally Posted by titch View Post
    Would have to take quite a bit of difference really, but possible I suppose.

You cant judge a cars performance unless the same driver drives it around the same track, all the "i beat a
    F1 car in my 1.1" bollocks is just pub talk..

Ive beaten a few Scooby’s in my 1.3 rallye with just breathing mods, but i know for a fact that my car isn’t "faster" than a Scoob! just that the people driving the ones i beat couldn’t drive. same goes for every car on the track, unless you know the driver and the car well, your never going to be able to make a fair comparison.

1997 Peugeot 106 GTi 1.6 16v

Last Online
    11-02-2014

Titch, EK9's aren't all they are cracked up to be.

Heres a VTS wiping the floor with one at crail - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLxw54mQCao

VIP Member
    Last Online

Easty can i ask why you still own a GTi? all i ever see you do is slate them.

VIP Member
    View My Progress Blog

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Easty-5 View Post
    Titch, EK9's aren't all they are cracked up to be.

Heres a VTS wiping the floor with one at crail - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLxw54mQCao
    There's at least 2 i know of (well, ones been sold), and I know they aren't all that some people make out, but they're as fast as EP3s if not faster.

BTW, EP3 is my favourite car, and I can accept that its slow, and that an EK9 runs similar performance from a less powerful engine.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information